Do you need 1:50,000 or 1:250,000 Canadian topographic maps or 1:20,000 BC topographic maps for field work or recreational purposes? There are two ways of obtaining your own copies:
Downloading print-ready files to print locally.
Federal 1:50,000 and 1:250,000 topographic maps:
Use NRCan’s TOPORAMA to determine the NTS map number. (Zoom in to the desired area of the map, and click on Download Maps and Data.) To download a map, click on Get all maps for area shown, click on the desired title in the list, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
BC 1:20,000 topographic maps (without contour lines):
Zoom in to the map at http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfows13/imf.jsp?site=idt to determine the 7-digit map number.
- Go to https://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/dwds/home.so.
- Click on Guest Users Enter Here.
- Click on Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps by Mapsheet (TRIM Raster).
- Click on either Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps (TRIM Raster)/ pdf or Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps (TRIM Raster)/ tif, depending on desired format.
- Click on the desired folder name.
- Click on the + sign(s) beside the desired file(s).
- Click on the View Your Order button at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Enter your e-mail address, read and accept the Terms and Conditions, and click on Submit Order.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your order followed by another e-mail with a link that will allow you to download the file(s).
- SpeeDee Your Office Experts: 490 Brunswick St.; 250-562-2414 (Ask for the Copy Centre.) — Tear resistant, waterproof printouts are an option.
- IRL (Industrial Reproductions Ltd.): 1-610 Richard Rd.; 250-562-2170
Ordering topographic maps online
|Canadian Topographic Maps
(1:50,000 or 1:250,000)
|BC Topographic Maps
(1:20,000 — with contour lines)