Important note: Interlibrary loan requests are processed in order of receipt. Once you have placed an interlibrary loan request, it usually cannot be cancelled. Be sure to fill out the ‘need by date’ section of the request form to avoid receiving materials past the date that they will be useful to you. It is possible for multiple requests to arrive simultaneously. Keep in mind ‘reading time’ necessary if you are requesting several books or returnable items.
Interlibrary loan requests may be cancelled by the library if:
- The item is available at UNBC (regardless of form).
- The citation is incomplete or inaccurate.
- No lenders hold the item.
- The item is non-circulating or Reference material.
- The item is not available by the desired date (need-by-date).
- The item is available to the public on the Internet.
- The item is available by purchase only.
To receive materials in a timely manner, you should allow a minimum of two to three weeks for delivery, particularly during peak periods from September to April. Delivery times will vary in other months, and may be considerably shorter. The Interlibrary Loan department has no control over the delivery date of items ordered. Rush requests are generally not accepted. The status of ILL requests can be checked by using the ‘List All Requests’ option from our ILL login.