The Northwood Pulp & Timber fonds at the NBCA consists of 14,764 color, and black & white photographs and negatives either loose or in photo albums; 3,616 color slides; 35cm of sound and moving images (including 3 – 16mm color films, 3 mini DVs, 6 CDs, and 19 VHS video cassettes); and 1.26m of textual records. Date range of material: 1963-1996.
The Adam Zimmerman fonds consists of 31.4m textual records; 1 photograph album containing 26 colour photographs; 50+ photographic prints, stereographic items (b/w & col.); and misc. cartographic items (maps and blueprints). Subject areas within this fonds include all facets of business operations pertaining to Canadian forestry and mining sectors including labour issues, environmental impacts of industrial developments, industry and effects on the Canadian economy, the free trade debate, the softwood lumber issue, etc. This fonds also provides a detailed archival record of Mr. Zimmerman’s contribution to the building of Noranda Forest in Canada, Northwood Pulp & Timber in BC and Noranda Inc. as a resource-based conglomerate. Date range of materials: 1957-1996.
- Aleza Lake Research Forest Archival Records fonds: 3.71 m textual records (1919-1998)
- Northwood Pulp & Timber Ltd. fonds: 4.75m graphic and other material (1963-1996)
- Adam Zimmerman fonds: 31 m textual records (1957-1996)
- Ray Williston fonds: 90 cm of textual records and other material (1914-1999)
- Prince George Railway & Forestry Museum Society Collection: 7.68 m textual records (1894-1999).