Do you need 1:25 000, 1:50 000, 1:125 000, or 1:250,000 Canadian topographic maps or 1:20,000 BC topographic maps for field work or recreational purposes? There are two ways of obtaining your own copies:
Downloading print-ready files to print locally.
Federal topographic maps:
Use NRCan’s HTML geospatial product index. Under Themes select Canmatrix-Print Ready in the scale you need. Zoom to your area of interest and click on the desired map (areas outlined in yellow). You can then preview the map, and download it as either a PDF or TIFF.
BC 1:20,000 topographic maps:
Zoom in to the map at http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfows13/imf.jsp?site=idt to determine the 7-digit map number.
- Go to https://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/dwds/home.so.
- Click on Guest Users Enter Here.
- Click on Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps by Mapsheet (TRIM Raster).
- Click on either Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps (TRIM Raster)/ pdf or Georeferenced Topographic Base Maps (TRIM Raster)/ tif, depending on desired format.
- Click on the desired folder name.
- Click on the + sign(s) beside the desired file(s).
- Click on the View Your Order button at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Enter your e-mail address, read and accept the Terms and Conditions, and click on Submit Order.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your order followed by another e-mail with a link that will allow you to download the file(s).
- SpeeDee Your Office Experts: 490 Brunswick St.; 250-562-2414 (Ask for the Copy Centre.) — Tear resistant, waterproof printouts are an option.
- IRL (Industrial Reproductions Ltd.): 1-610 Richard Rd.; 250-562-2170
Ordering topographic maps online
|Canadian Topographic Maps
(1:50,000 or 1:250,000)
|BC Topographic Maps
(1:20,000 — with contour lines)