Your professors may place certain required course readings, videos, or lecture notes in the Library’s Reserve Room to ensure adequate access for all students. You can read and even photocopy your item in the Reserve Room or check it out, typically with a 2- or 3-hour limit. Some reserve items are designated as Library Use Only and may not be taken out of the Library building.
Some reserve materials might also be available electronically from the Library Catalogue - don’t forget to check!
You can also find the Holds Shelf here - if you have requested items from the Library Catalogue, you will receive an email when they are ready to be picked up here.
To Locate Course Reserves
- Search the Course Reserves from the main library page by either course number or professor
- If you require assistance searching the Catalogue to determine which reserve materials you need, help is available at the Research Help Desk.
- Reserve items are shelved alphabetically by course name and number in the Reserve Room located next to the Circulation Desk.
- You are welcome to read or photocopy your item within the room or check out your material for the designated loan period.
INFORMATION TO NOTE…
- The loan periods for reserve items are variable, usually two to three hours, and this is determined by the professor.
- Some reserve items may be designated Library Use Only and are not permitted to leave the library.
- Reserve items are not renewable.
- No Requests are allowed on reserve items.
- You must show your library card to sign out reserves.
- Borrowers are limited to three reserve items at a time.
- Overdue fines for reserves are $1.00/hour for hourly loans, and $1.00/day for daily loans