The following materials are available through Interlibrary Loan
- Photocopies of journal and newspaper articles
- Government documents and conference proceedings
- Some masters and doctoral theses
- Items officially missing from the UNBC Library
The following materials are usually not available through Interlibrary Loan
- Materials already in our collection
- Entire issues of newspapers
- Reference books
- Entire issues of journals
- Materials in high use at a lending library
- Rare and fragile items
- Materials which are difficult and/or expensive to ship
- Sound recordings
- Doctoral dissertations from U.S. universities
- Recently published books
Rush requests are generally not accepted.
Document Delivery and Copyright
The Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Service at UNBC Library conforms to Fair Dealing of the Copyright Act of Canada and follows established ILL/DocDel customs, practices, standards and policies. All materials are protected by Canadian copyright law.
Material provided through Interlibrary Loan must be used solely for the purpose of private study, research criticism, review, or summary. In accordance with standard procedure complete bibliographic information is provided.