We accept requests directly from libraries through AMICUS, OCLC (IFM billing preferred), British Columbia's Outlook Online and also via DOCLINE. We may also consider requests from institutions by email at email@example.com.
|Interlibrary Loans / Document Delivery||Telephone:||(250) 960 – 6460|
|Geoffrey R. Weller Library||Fax:||(250) 960 – 6610|
|3333 University Way||General Messages:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prince George BC V2N 4Z9|
|NLC Code:||BPGUB||OCLC Code:||JF0||DOCLINE Code:||BCCBAF|
We will lend circulating items from our collection when available. Loans are for six weeks and are subject to recall. Renewals may be possible, please contact us. We do not lend Reserve, Reference or Special Collections / Archival materials. Item availability can be verified in the Geoffrey R. Weller Library Catalogue prior to placing requests.
We do not lend periodicals, but will provide copies. Copies are normally uploaded to OCLC's Article Exchange and the link sent by email to the requesting agency.
Interlibrary Loan Charges
The following charges currently apply to all external interlibrary loan requests:
|COPPUL members||$5 per copy, loans no charge|
|ELN||$5 per copy, loans no charge|
|BC Public and Non-profit||Reciprocal rates or $10.00 per request|
|Other Canadian Libraries||Reciprocal rates or $10.00 per request|
|OCLC – IFM participant||$20 IFM charge per request|
*Invoices may be issued with items for those libraries not covered under a consortial arrangement.
Please note: We do not lend material directly to patrons of other libraries. If you are an individual seeking to borrow items from the UNBC Library, please contact your own library’s document delivery/inter-library loan department.
The Interlibrary Loan/DocDel Service at UNBC Library operates under the Fair Dealing provision of the Copyright Act of Canada and follows established ILL/DocDel customs, practices, standards and policies. All materials are protected by Canadian Copyright law.
Material provided through Interlibrary Loan/DocDel must be used solely for the purpose of research, private study, criticism, review, news reporting, education, satire or parody. In accordance with standard procedure complete bibliographic information is provided.
When borrowing institutions make ILL/DocDel requests from the UNBC Library the act/procedure of requesting a single paper copy or an electronic copy on behalf of the patron is:
- An agreement that libraries will follow fair dealing guidelines as per the Copyright Act.
- Written confirmation that the patron requires the copy for the purposes of research, private study, review, criticism or news reporting.
- Confirmation that once an electronic copy has been received by the library and provided to the patron, the library will delete the electronic copy and will not transmit a copy to another patron.
- Written confirmation that Desktop Delivery will allow patrons access for a limited time period and only allow one download.
- Confirmation that single copies are made for research, private study, review, criticism or news reporting.
The following information pertains to external institutions and organizations borrowing materials from the University of Northern British Columbia Library.