Your Library Account
All students, faculty, staff, and alumni are registered with the Geoffrey R. Weller Library within 24 hours from registration; this normally enables users to access their library account and online library resources with their campus login if they hold a current University ID. If you experience any issues with library access, please contact the library.
There are two possible login methods available for users to access library resources providing that they have both been setup: your campus login and your library barcode login.
- The alternative to the campus login method is your library barcode login. You may need to contact the library to set this method up if you have not obtained a UNBC ID card.
- If you are unable to login to library resources with your campus login, please contact us OR you may reset your your password from My Library Account.
- You may also find it helpful to refer to our login troubleshooting information for some general tips about accessing library resources.
If you obtain a new UNBC Photo ID at anytime in the future, it takes 24 hours before the library system is updated with your new library barcode, however, your university credentials should continue to work.
Online Access to your Library Account
To login to your library account go to My Library Account. Online services include requesting or renewing library materials, viewing outstanding fines, changing or setting your PIN, and saving lists of material for later review.
Your Personal Library Account
Your 14 digit library account number (located on the back of your UNBC ID card) and the associated password may be used as an alternative login to access electronic library resources. Your library account's password may be set or modified via My Library Account or staff may submit the password reset request for you. You will then receive an email from the library system to reset it.
Library accounts generally expire on September 30th annually.
Keep in Mind…
- Due to licence agreements, off-campus access to electronic indexes and journals is not available for Community patrons.
- Alumni may access certain electronic indexes and journals, for a full list please visit the Alumni Electronic Resources page.
- Important library account notices, including requests, pending due date reminders and overdue items, are sent via email, please ensure that the library has your current UNBC email address.
For library account inquiries:
Library Services Desk: (250) 960-6613 or toll free within 250 area code: 1-888-440-3440
Library Account Inquiry