Students, Faculty & Staff
All students, faculty, and staff are registered with the Geoffrey R. Weller Library within 24 hours from registration; this normally enables users to access their library account and online library resources with their campus login. If you experience any issues with library access, please contact the library.
There are two possible login methods available for users to access library resources providing that they have both been setup: your campus login and your library barcode and PIN method.
- The alternative to the campus login method is your library barcode and PIN. You may need to contact the library to set this method up if you have not obtained a UNBC ID card.
- If you are unable to login to library resources with your campus login, please contact us and we will activate or update your library barcode and PIN. The library barcode and PIN login can be used immediately after we update it in our library system.
- You may also find it helpful to refer to our login troubleshooting information for some general tips about accessing library resources.
Please note: If you obtain a new UNBC Photo ID at anytime in the future, it will take 24 hours before the library system is updated with your new library barcode; however, your university credentials should continue to work.
Your UNBC ID card is proof of your status on campus, and also acts as your Library Card. You will find your 14 digit library account number on the back of the your UNBC ID card, your library account number and PIN may be used as an alternative login method to access electronic library resources. You may modify or set your PIN via My Library Account. Please bring your valid UNBC ID to the Library Services Desk to borrow materials.
Regional and Distance Library Services are offered to current UNBC students, faculty and staff located at our regional campuses or enrolled in distance courses. Please see Services > Regional.
The library account types below must be renewed annually by September 30th to remain active, except where noted otherwise.
All library users may access the library's full range of electronic resources via the Library's computer lab. Please review the Borrowing webpage for loan details by library account type.
To renew/activate your library account:
In-person: Bring your ID and student number to the Library Services Desk and we will update your library account accordingly.
Online: Please complete and submit the Library Account Inquiry form. You will receive an email from one of our library assistants once your library account is renewed/activated.
A valid ID and/or proof of current address includes:
- Picture identification with your current address, OR
- Picture identification and the envelope of something that was mailed to you.
- Alumni have off-campus access to a small selection of electronic resources,
- Please review the Alumni section of library's Interlibrary Loan Charges information.
CNC Students, Faculty and Staff
CNC students, faculty and staff are welcome to borrow library materials by registering at the Library Services Desk. To register or renew your library account, you will need a current CNC picture ID.
Library cards may be issued to community members at the Library Services Desk with proof of current address and a $50.00 annual fee. The annual fee for seniors and people with disabilities is $10.00.
- Library accounts need to be renewed according to the original sign-up date.
COPPUL Reciprocal Borrowing Program
Borrowing of print material may be extended to students and faculty from other participating Canadian institutions:
- To be issued a GR Weller Library card, COPPUL borrowers from other institutions must present a current ID card from their home participating institution. We do not require borrowers to present a separate COPPUL card.
- Here is a list of participating institutions and further information about the program.
- Students and faculty should check with the library of their home institution to ensure they they have the appropriate identification before visiting another Canadian university library.
Library privileges may be extended to visiting scholars or research affiliates when sponsored by a faculty or staff member. Faculty/staff must complete and submit the UNBC Library Card and Access Application Form (for Faculty/Staff Authorized User) to email@example.com.
- Full off-campus access to the library's electronic resources,
- The library account expiry date follows the employment contract's end date.
School District 57 and Private School Teachers
School District 57 and private school teachers are welcome to borrow library materials by registering at the Library Services Desk. To register, you will need a picture ID with your current address and a proof of current employment, such as a pay slip or contract. You may renew your library account annually by providing us with your ID and a proof of employment.