IT (Computer) Service Desk Contact:
Trouble logging into library resources?
- Is your library account up to date? Login to My Library Account and have a look.
- Have you tried both the university credentials and library barcode methods of logging in?
- Please note that there is a delay after initial campus ID creation before you can use the campus login to access library resources. If you cannot access library resources with your campus login after 24 hours, please contact Circulation Services to activate or update your alternative login, which is your library barcode and PIN. Once your library account and PIN are updated or created, access to library resources is immediate. If you obtain a new UNBC Photo ID at anytime in future it may take as long as a week before library systems are updated with your new library barcode (your university credentials should continue to work).
- Can you access other library resources? Try logging into a different database. If you are only experiencing trouble logging into a specific library resource, please report the problem online.
- Do you have a personal computer firewall? You may try briefly disabling this to see if that makes a difference.
- You can try to access the library’s online resources using Virtual Desktop; after entering a username, password, and domain, students should choose Student Lab desktop while faculty and staff should choose Faculty Remote Access desktop).
Contact the library for help with your library account:
Z39.50 Connection Settings at UNBC
The University of Northern British Columbia Library’s Innovative-based online public access catalog is Z39.50 capable and can be accessed using a Z39.50 client. Most frequently this is done through a bibliographic database management package such as EndNote. These require the following connection settings:
- Name: wizard.unbc.ca
- Address: 18.104.22.168
- Port: 210
- Database Name: INNOPAC
Z39.50 client software often requires additional configuration to enable all the searching capabilities of a given database.