All patrons are subject to overdue fines as outlined on the Borrowing information page.
- Any item not returned within 30 days is assumed lost. The patron will be sent a billing notice for such items.
- The charge for a lost item is a flat fee of $70.00, which includes a replacement cost of $50.00 plus a $20.00 processing fee.
- Refunds for lost & paid items are assessed individually and may be possible if the material is returned within one academic year from the item's paid date.
Fines accrue as soon as items are overdue.
Borrowing privileges will be suspended for:
- Outstanding fines or charges of $25 and over
UNBC Policy: please see the Academic Calendar, Regulations and Policies #34, which enables the withholding of academic transcripts and registration if fees are unpaid.
Fine payments can be made at:
- The Library Services Desk in-person debit and credit only OR telephone using credit card only
- The Cashier’s Office using cash and a variety of methods, please see Payment Options for further details.
Lost library material has a direct impact on the quality and quantity of the library collection. We hope that all members of the University community help to maintain this essential research collection by being responsible for items borrowed.